Assistant Facility Manager/Technician
The Assistant Facility Manager/Technician is responsible for keeping our facilities and properties working properly
The Assistant Facilities Manager/Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time, nonexempt hourly position, reporting to the Director of Operations/Facilities Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
● Use of facility management software, work with contractors/volunteers for certain jobs, lawn care maintenance on assigned properties, paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed, repair, maintain/monitor all equipment and amenities, clean windows and glass doors, change of all filters for HVAC as required; remove or rearrange furniture for events or classes, as needed, remove and properly dispose of all recyclable material, change light bulbs, interior and exterior, as needed, make ready rooms, studios.
● On call maintenance for all facilities, 24/7
● Oversee daily trash removal, restocking/cleaning restrooms, sweeping/mopping/vacuuming, cleaning/disinfecting tables and counters, cleaning exterior entryway cleaning/disinfecting community surfaces (handrails, water fountains, vending machines, etc.)
● Performs other work related duties as assigned.
● Must be able to work flexible hours.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
● High school education or equivalent 5-10 years of working experience in facilities maintenance
● Ability to use computer, cell phone/tablet applications with limited training.
● Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
● Ability to work with minimal supervision
● Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Customer service oriented
● Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task
● Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions: ○ Ability to push/lift 75 pounds ○ Ability to climb ladders ○ Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching as job may require ○ Ability to work in extreme temperatures ○ Working in high noise levels requiring hearing protection ○ Working around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, paints
Have any questions? send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org